Clan Hammerhand is the first and only Dwarven enclave of the kingdom of Haldanór. They founded the stronghold of Karak Norn to the south-east of Haerast in the early days of the kingdom, where they thrive to this day.
Clan hammerhand has always been known among dwarves for their prodigious birth rate. For reasons unknown they procreate much faster than regular dwarves. Some believe it has something to do with the interbreeding between Hill and Mountain Dwarves, but most of this is just speculation.
The clan has always been a meritocracy, lead by the most prolific and experienced craftsmen of the clan, called the Council of Five:
- Master of the Forge; Durgrim Greyjaw, the clan’s oldest and most experienced blacksmith
- Master of Coin; Bromith Bottlefoot, the most successful and respected merchant
- Master of Architecture; Dunobella Rocksmasher, the master of town planning and the masonry guild
- Master Prospector; Norfoubelyn Bloodjaw, overseer of all mining operations
- Master at Arms; Bhagrock Shadowbelly, commander of the armed forces